Customer Service FAQ

How do I set up new service?

You may setup a new account via E-mail: or Fax (915) 594-5660. The account must be set up in the person’s name that is requesting the service (no exceptions).

Required information:

  • Old service address or account number (if you are a current customer)
  • New service address
  • Customer's full name
  • Full social security number
    • Required for account setup security only. The system will only show the last 4 numbers of the SSN for validation after set-up.
    • No copies are required or kept by EPWater.
  • Acceptable photo IDs include: Driver’s License, Texas State ID, Military ID or Passport
  • Current phone number
  • Email address (optional, but recommended)

Additional information that may be required:

  • A Lease Agreement or Proof of Service from the Electric and/or Gas utilities at the service address
  • Co-tenant requires the same information as the primary customer as they are also a responsible party on the account (no exceptions). This means if the co-tenant was on the prior account, we need positive proof of these documents by photocopy, fax or e-mail.

The above information is required for system security to help protect your personal account.


What are the setup fees and deposit required for new service?

$20 Setup Fee and a $75 Deposit are required for all standard residential customers. These fees will appear on the first billing.

Please refer to our Rate Page for full details.

Are there any service restrictions if I have bad credit?

If the credit record of a particular customer is unfavorable, then EPWater may require a deposit in excess of the scheduled amount based on the two highest monthly bills on record for the customer requesting service. The bill guarantee deposit will apply to your current account final bill.

Can I pay my bill online or by credit card?

Yes – We have several ways in which you can pay your bill online. Visit our Pay My Bill page to learn more.

Can my monthly payment be drafted directly from my bank account?

Yes – We can automatically debit your bank account to pay your bill using the Automated Clearing House system. Visit our My Account page to sign up.

How do I understand my water bill?

For detailed instructions, visit our page on Understanding Your Bill or click here to watch a video.

How do I reach customer service?

Call us at (915) 594-5500 weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mountain Time. Please use our automated phone system to request a call back if our lines are busy. Click here to email us for assistance on billing or service questions.


Where does our water come from?

Information on our aquifers and surface water sources that make up our drinking water is provided in the Water Resources section.

What are current rates and fees?

A complete list of rates and fees is provided here.

Why is my bill so high?

Rate changes and higher water usage are primary contributors to higher bills. Click here for a guide to help determine why your bill is unusually high.


What happens if my payment is overdue?

Bills are due 20 days after the billing date. If you have concerns about an overdue payment, please contact Customer Service by email or phone. For more information, visit our page on overdue payments.

What can I do if I am having difficulty paying my water bill?

We understand that financial hardships can happen to anyone. We offer payment extensions and are willing to make special arrangements to help make your payments more manageable. To keep your water flowing, a partial payment is always better than no payment.

To discuss your options, please contact Customer Service at 915-594-5500.

Where can I go to pay my bill?

In addition to our online payment options, we have many options for in-person payment. Click here to input your zip code and find a location that is most convenient for you.


How do I read my meter?

To help you read your meter, we have an easy to follow guide.

How do I report an outage?

Contact Customer Service at (915) 594-5500 to report an outage.


How do I report water waste?

You may report water waste with an online form.


Where can I learn about El Paso’s drinking water quality?

Every year, we are required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to produce a drinking water report that gives all the details of our drinking water. Visit our Water Quality page for past reports.


How do I request a new installation?

Information on new installations can be found here.


What can (or can’t) I put down the drain?

Only human waste and toilet paper should go in the toilet.In the kitchen sink, avoid placing fats, oils and grease down the drain since they create sewer blockages. For more information, visit our page on Fats, Oils and Greases.

How do I receive updates on El Paso Water?

El Paso Water provides regular updates on social media, or you can subscribe to receive news or On The Waterfront, our President’s monthly newsletter. For the latest issue, click here.

What is the penalty if a check has been returned by my bank?

A $25.00 fee applies to all returned payments for insufficient funds or other returns by a financial institution. Customers with repeat returned payments might be placed on a cash only status at the sole discretion of El Paso Water based on the account history and credit rating.

What can I do to take advantage of the low consumption reward program?

Customers that use less than 4 CCF in any given month will not pay the WSRC (Water Supply Replacement Charge). This is a savings of $11.59 per month for the average residential customer. Savings will vary depending on the size of meter on the account.

What is the utility’s leak adjustment policy?

El Paso Water will work with customers on an individual basis for adjustments on any higher than normal water consumption due to property leaks for the two highest bills during the leak period as follows:

  • The utility will bear 75% of the excess water loss if the customer provides proof of repair and EPWater can validate through the billing consumption history. This option requires repairs to be complete and validated prior to the adjustment, if granted at the sole discretion of the utility.
  • The utility will bear only 50% of the excess water lost without validated proof of repair or reduced consumption in the subsequent month after the alleged leak occurred.

The amount of water lost will be determined by comparing the usage when the leak occurred and the previous years usage during the same billing cycles. If the customer does not have a previous usage history, a monthly usage average before the leak occurred will be considered in determining the adjustment.

What’s the process to get an adjustment if I’ve had a leak?

  • Pay your current bill to avoid disruption of service while you are waiting for the Leak Adjustment Approval.
  • Wait for your next water bill and check for higher than normal consumption.
  • Save proof of repairs and provide a copy to El Paso Water for the 75% option 1 above. Otherwise, request validation with a consumption history for option 2 above.
  • Email or fax a copy of the repair invoice along with your account number, name, address, and phone number so we may validate the repair.
  • If your request is approved, a credit will apply to your next scheduled billing cycle.

You may contact us at via email at or fax at 915-594-5660. Leak adjustments are at the sole discretion of EPWater. If the utility grants an adjustment, no further leak adjustments will be made to the account for 24 months from the month the leak adjustment is processes in the billing cycle.

How am I billed for sewer use?

For residential customers, there is a minimum monthly charge plus a charge calculated based on 90 percent of the customer’s average winter consumption. See the schedule of rates for more details.

Do I have to pay a bill even if I didn't use water?

Yes. Fixed monthly charges are user fees assessed to recover costs associated with providing capital facilities (pump stations, reservoirs, transmission lines, wells, lift stations, odor control stations, interceptor lines, etc.) necessary to deliver water and sewer service.


El Paso Water | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2018 West Corporation