Customer Service FAQ

Can I pay by phone?

Yes. Customers can call (915) 594-5500. 

Can I still use Web Connect?

No, you need to register for the new My Account online service. Make sure to check your email and activate your account to finish the process. Then you can view your account information and add payment options.

What is my PIN number?

That is the last four digits of the Social Security Number of the account holder, if you haven't called to update your PIN.

How do I set up new service?

You may setup a new account online or via E-mail: [email protected]. The account must be set up in the person’s name that is requesting the service (no exceptions).

Required information:

  • Old service address or account number (if you are a current customer)
  • New service address
  • Customer's full name
  • Acceptable photo IDs include: Driver’s License, Texas State ID, Military ID or Passport
  • Current phone number
  • Email address (optional, but recommended)

Additional information that may be required:

  • A Lease Agreement or Proof of Service from the Electric and/or Gas utilities at the service address
  • Co-tenant requires the same information as the primary customer as they are also a responsible party on the account (no exceptions). This means if the co-tenant was on the prior account, we need positive proof of these documents by photocopy, fax or e-mail.

The above information is required for system security to help protect your personal account.


What are the setup fees and deposit required for new service?

A $75 Deposit are required for all standard residential customers. These fees will appear on the first billing.

Please refer to our Rate Page for full details.

Are there any service restrictions if I have bad credit?

If the credit record of a particular customer is unfavorable, then EPWater may require a deposit in excess of the scheduled amount based on the two highest monthly bills on record for the customer requesting service. The bill guarantee deposit will apply to your current account final bill.

Can I pay my bill online or by credit card?

Yes – We have several ways in which you can pay your bill online. Visit our Pay My Bill page to learn more.

Can my monthly payment be drafted directly from my bank account?

Yes – We can automatically debit your bank account to pay your bill using the Automated Clearing House system. Visit our My Account page to sign up.

How do I understand my water bill?

For detailed instructions, visit our page on Understanding Your Bill or click here to watch a video.

How do I reach customer service?

Call us at (915) 594-5500 weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mountain Time. Please use our automated phone system to request a call back if our lines are busy. Click here to email us for assistance on billing or service questions.


Where does our water come from?

Information on our aquifers and surface water sources that make up our drinking water is provided in the Water Resources section.

What are current rates and fees?

A complete list of rates and fees is provided here.

Why is my bill so high?

Rate changes and higher water usage are primary contributors to higher bills. Click here for a guide to help determine why your bill is unusually high.


What happens if my payment is overdue?

Bills are due 14 days after the billing date. If you have concerns about an overdue payment, please contact Customer Service by email or phone. For more information, visit our page on overdue payments.

What can I do if I am having difficulty paying my water bill?

We understand that financial hardships can happen to anyone. We offer payment extensions and are willing to make special arrangements to help make your payments more manageable. To keep your water flowing, a partial payment is always better than no payment.

To discuss your options, please contact Customer Service at 915-594-5500.

Where can I go to pay my bill?

In addition to our online payment options, we have many options for in-person payment. Click here to input your zip code and find a location that is most convenient for you.


How do I read my meter?

To help you read your meter, we have an easy to follow guide.

How do I report water waste?

You may report water waste with an online form.


Where can I learn about El Paso’s drinking water quality?

Every year, we are required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to produce a drinking water report that gives all the details of our drinking water. Visit our Water Quality page for past reports.


How do I request a new installation?

Information on new installations can be found here.


What can (or can’t) I put down the drain?

Only human waste and toilet paper should go in the toilet.In the kitchen sink, avoid placing fats, oils and grease down the drain since they create sewer blockages. For more information, visit our page on Fats, Oils and Greases.

How do I receive updates on El Paso Water?

El Paso Water provides regular updates on social media, or you can subscribe to receive news or On The Waterfront, our President’s monthly newsletter. For the latest issue, click here.

What is the penalty if a check has been returned by my bank?

A $25.00 fee applies to all returned payments for insufficient funds or other returns by a financial institution. Customers with repeat returned payments might be placed on a cash only status at the sole discretion of El Paso Water based on the account history and credit rating.

What can I do to take advantage of the low consumption reward program?

Customers that use less than 4 CCF in any given month will not pay the WSRC (Water Supply Replacement Charge). This is a savings of $14.04 per month for the average residential customer. Savings will vary depending on the size of meter on the account.

What’s the process to get an adjustment if I’ve had a leak?

Click here to get information about requesting a leak adjustment.

How am I billed for sewer use?

For residential customers, there is a minimum monthly charge plus a charge calculated based on 90 percent of the customer’s average winter consumption. See the schedule of rates for more details.

Do I have to pay a bill even if I didn't use water?

Yes. Fixed monthly charges are user fees assessed to recover costs associated with providing capital facilities (pump stations, reservoirs, transmission lines, wells, lift stations, odor control stations, interceptor lines, etc.) necessary to deliver water and sewer service.


Do I need a pressure regulator?

Pressure regulatorEl Paso’s varied elevations may lead to some homes needing pressure regulators to deal with high water pressure. Some homes in El Paso may have pressure regulators that were installed underground by the home builder. If your home had a pressure regulator installed, it is typical for the pressure regulator to be installed near the water meter. However, this is not always the case.

After some time, the pressure regulator may require maintenance or stop working. If you feel you have high water pressure, over 80 psi, you should look into getting it serviced or purchasing a new one. A licensed plumber will be able to help you with this.

If left unattended, you could risk damage to household appliances and/or experience unnecessary water leaks.




El Paso Water | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © PowerSchool Corporation