Permits - Industrial

Stormwater permits from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the City of El Paso are required if your Standard Industrial Classification Code (SIC) falls into one of the 30 regulated sectors of industrial activity. Follow the links below to determine if your industrial activity is required to have a stormwater permit:   

Operators that obtain stormwater permits are also responsible for providing copies of the following notices to El Paso Water either via email, fax or mail:

City Stormwater Permit
Notice of Intent (NOI)
Notice of Termination (NOT)
Notice of Change (NOC) – when applicable
No Exposure Certification (NEC) – when applicable

EPWater Stormwater Code Compliance
P.O. Box 511, El Paso, TX 79961-0511
email: [email protected]
Fax: 915-532-8285
Phone: 915-594-2098

Dewatering permits

If your project will include discharge of wastewater into the stormwater system, which includes streets, a dewatering permit may be required. Please refer to the following links for more information.

Other stormwater permits

If your facility or activity will include the following, you may be required to apply for a Stormwater General Permit from TCEQ as well as the City of El Paso.

  • Concrete Production Facilities (TXG110000)
  • Hydrostatic Test Waters (TXG670000)
  • Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals (TXG340000)
  • Petroleum Contaminated Wastewater (TXG830000)
  • Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (TXG920000)

Visit the TCEQ website for the above listed quality water permits and more.


El Paso Water | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © PowerSchool Corporation