Permits - Construction

Stormwater permits for construction activities

Construction projects that disturb 1 to 4.99 acres are considered small construction projects. Projects that disturb 5 acres or more are considered large construction projects. Small and large projects are required to follow the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality General Permit for Construction (TXR150000), as well as obtain a City of El Paso stormwater permit.

Owners and operators of construction activities are responsible for obtaining applicable stormwater permits prior to the start of construction. Follow the links below to determine if your construction project is required to have a stormwater permit:

Owners and operators are also responsible for providing copies of certain notices listed in the table below to El Paso Water two days prior to the commencement of construction activities either via email, fax or mail at the following locations:

El Paso Water Stormwater Code Compliance
P.O. Box 511, El Paso, TX 79961-0511
email: [email protected]
Fax: 915-532-8285
Phone: 915-594-2098

Permit category Provide a copy of the following to EPWater two days before construction commences:
Automatic Authorizations for Small Construction Activities With Low Potential for Erosion Construction site notice – start of project
Automatic Authorization for All Other Small Construction Activities City stormwater permit – start of project
Construction site notice – start of project
Waivers from Coverage for Small Construction Activities Low rainfall erosivity waiver – start of project
Large Construction Activity City Stormwater Permit City stormwater permit – start of project
Notice of intent (NOI) – start of project
Notice of termination (NOT) – end of project
Notice of change (NOC) – when applicable

El Paso Water | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © PowerSchool Corporation